Cultural Artifact Project Connect a cultural artifact of your choosing to course readings/class discussion via a paper and presentation
Examples of cultural artifacts: poems, paintings, videos, music, cell phones, television, movies, advertisements, tools and social media
Paper due December 3rd (worth 15% of final grade) Presentation due November 23rd (worth 10% of final grade)Paper Format Requirements:
• 6 – 8 pages in length
• 12pt. Times New Roman font
• 1” margins
• Free from grammatical, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammatical errors
• APA citation style
Additional Paper Requirements:
• Detailed description of cultural artifact* Please take care to un-pack the meaning behind your artifact, its’ significance (and impact) on you and society as a whole
• Explain how cultural artifact connects to at least one theory from class
• Utilize at least 5 additional academic sources in your paper – please discuss and use direct quotes from each source in your paper
*If possible, please create an Appendix in your paper that includes an image of your artifact, or the full poem, or a link to the website/video, etc. You may also include images/stills throughout your paper if you are discussing certain features/aspects of your cultural artifact.
• Discuss your project paper via a 5 – 10 minute presentation
• PowerPoint (or other Presentation format like Prezi)**
• Link to submit presentation will be available on eCourses – the class will be able to view and comment on everyone’s presentation
• Provide critical and constructive feedback for at least 3 of your classmates’ presentations
Options for Presenting:
• Record yourself presenting in an empty classroom or at home
• ZOOM recording of yourself presenting where you share your screen (presentation or slides)
• Create voice memos or a voiceover that is embedded within your powerpoint
• Create a YouTube video
**Additional formats for your presentation are welcome – please contact Dr. Collins to share your ideas
Guide for Formatting Presentation:
• Slide 1: Title of Presentation with your name
• Slide 2: Share image, film clip, text, etc., of cultural artifact – Explain inspiration and significance of this cultural artifact. Why is it important? Why did you choose this artifact over others?
• Slide 3: Connection to course material – please use a direct quote here
• Slide 4: Connection to additional academic sources (at least 3 of your sources) – please use direct quotes or bullet point summaries of the main themes/ideas of your sources. How do these sources reflect the overall subject of your paper/presentation?
• Slide 5: Significance of Cultural Artifact and Concluding Thoughts – what is the impact of your artifact on society?
• Slide 6: Works Cited (Please ensure you properly cite any images in your presentation and all 5 of your outside, academic sources).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more