In chapter 11 we learned that the message of a piece of promotional material should have four basic elements:
1. Headline that highlights a specific benefit
2. Simple, clearly organized body copy, with relevant information that answer who, what, when, where, why and how. Remember the “how” should describe the benefits to the consumer. What are they getting in return?
3. Visuals for focal point and support (p. 256).
4. A tag line or call to action. If you do not include pricing on the poster, this section should send a potential consumer to a location for more information.
For this assignment, please create your own poster promoting an upcoming recreational event for the City of Phoenix. You may use your imagination to create an event fitting the recreational format criteria.
Please refer to the rubric for expectations and grading elements.
– Follow criteria offered in the text on p. 258, table 11.2 (body copy size, no ALL CAPS, no ALL ITALICS, same font families, etc.)
– Piece should be 8.5×11″
– Design using Canva, PowerPoint, Word or similar. There are countless FREE template programs.
– It is fine to copy and paste logos and photos from the internet. Your poster will be used for internal purposes only and not shared. Flickr offers countless FREE images.
– Upload as a PDF to this assignment on Canvas.
Student creates a creative recreational event that is able to carry through onto the poster.
Student incorporates a headline that matches the theme of the recreational event.
Student answers the Who, What, Where, When and How throughout the poster.
Poster is clean, simple and easy to read. Fluff does not clutter the poster.
At least two visuals are included to support the theme of the recreational event of your choice. Selection should be appealing and appropriate.
Student included a tagline or call to action.
Student used the City of Phoenix logo in the poster.
All formatting elements were adhered to including size and file type.
Poster has been proof read and is free of errors. In your comments, please list the name of one other person who proof read your poster for accuracy.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more