For autosomal dominant inheritance, when two heterozygous have children, the percentage of unaffected children is ? The Probability of Unaffected Children in Autosomal Dominant Inheritance

The Probability of Unaffected Children in Autosomal Dominant Inheritance

Autosomal dominant inheritance is a genetic inheritance pattern in which a single copy of a mutated gene is sufficient to cause a particular trait or condition. This means that if one parent has an autosomal dominant condition, their children have a 50% chance of inheriting the condition (Krause et al., 2021). However, this does not mean that all children of the affected parent will be affected by the condition. In fact, a significant percentage of children of affected parents can be unaffected. According to a study conducted by Iliescu et al. (2016), the probability of unaffected children in autosomal dominant inheritance is up to 75%. This means that when two heterozygous parents have children, up to 75% of their children may be unaffected by the condition. In contrast, the remaining 25% of the children are likely to carry the gene and be at risk for developing the condition in the future.
In conclusion, when two heterozygous parents have children, the probability of their children being unaffected by an autosomal dominant condition is up to 75%. While this percentage may seem low, it is still a significant number and provides hope to individuals who are at risk of passing on a genetic condition. Cont….

Calculate the price of your order

550 words
We'll send you the first draft for approval by September 11, 2018 at 10:52 AM
Total price:
The price is based on these factors:
Academic level
Number of pages
Basic features
  • Free title page and bibliography
  • Unlimited revisions
  • Plagiarism-free guarantee
  • Money-back guarantee
  • 24/7 support
On-demand options
  • Writer’s samples
  • Part-by-part delivery
  • Overnight delivery
  • Copies of used sources
  • Expert Proofreading
Paper format
  • 275 words per page
  • 12 pt Arial/Times New Roman
  • Double line spacing
  • Any citation style (APA, MLA, Chicago/Turabian, Harvard)

Our guarantees

Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.

Money-back guarantee

You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.

Read more

Zero-plagiarism guarantee

Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.

Read more

Free-revision policy

Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.

Read more

Privacy policy

Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.

Read more

Fair-cooperation guarantee

By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.

Read more