Follow the specific format and content outlined in your syllabus and below.
Paper Topic Proposal with Article Summary
In this assignment, you will describe your topic for the Mini Literature Review paper to get instructor approval and feedback before you start your paper. Follow the specific format and content outlined below. The proposal should include a clear description of your paper topic and a summary of one peer-reviewed article on your topic (follow instructions below). Students will be provided with a list of suggested topics with a sample article for each. You may choose to summarize one of these articles for this assignment (or you may choose your own peer-reviewed article from PsycArticles or Psychology & Behavioral Sciences). It is recommended that you begin your research and discuss your topic ideas with the instructor as early as possible.
FOLLOW THE SPECIFIC FORMAT BELOW FOR THE PAPER TOPIC PROPOSAL WITH ARTICLE SUMMARY.
Your assignment will be graded based on how well it includes the described content and used the specific format.
1) Create an APA style title page (Links to an external site.) with a working title for your paper. Include all components of a student APA title page, add a running head (SHORT TITLE), and also include PSYCH 6 and Paper Topic Proposal under your institutional affiliation (Psychology Department, Laney College).
2) Your paper proposal be exactly 2 paragraphs long, typed double-spaced with 1-inch margins. Each paragraph should have one main idea guiding itwhich is then divided into separate sentences all of which address and advance that main idea. Most paragraphs are approximately 5-10 sentences long (introductory and topic sentences, supporting ideas and information, and concluding sentence), but your second paragraph for this proposal may be much longer because you are summarizing an article. Make sure you cite your sources in APA style (Links to an external site.).
3) Your first paragraph should clearly describe your proposed paper topic and answer the following 3 questions: 1) What is your proposed research topic? Describe the issue or concept you would like to write about. Define important terms. Find good definitions and general information about your topic from a social psychology textbook, and/or from one of your scholarly journal articles, another credible reference source, such as the CREDO database via Laney Librarys website, a psychology encyclopedia, or a credible website/online source. Cite any sources you use in APA style as your write this paragraph. 2) Why are you interested in this topic and/or why is it an important topic? And 3) What specific question(s) would you like to answer with your paper? This paragraph should clearly describe your specific paper topic and what you plan to do in your paper. Be specific, focused, and clear. It should demonstrate that you have begun reading about your topic (that is, dont say you will answer questions that dont have answers in the scholarly psychology literature).
4) Your second paragraph should summarize one specific peer-reviewed journal article on your topic. It will likely be much longer than the first paragraph in order to provide a good summary. Use one of the articles selected by your instructor listed on the topic sheet. (Or, if you want to choose your own article, it must come from the PsycARTICLES or Psychology and Behavioral Sciences database of our library.) Cite the article in APA style as your write this paragraph. In this paragraph, explain the purpose or hypothesis of the article, whether it is a literature review or an empirical article, the methods the authors used to gather the information for the article, the results or findings, and the general conclusions presented, as related to your topic. If you describe an empirical study, in addition to describing the purpose/hypothesis and results and conclusions, be sure to also include a description of the sample (including the number, type, age, sex, ethnicity, & SES of the participants or write that some of these arent included), and the other important information about the methods and scales/measures used. Be sure to provide actual information and insight about your topic from the source (i.e., what do you know after reading this source?did it answer any of your questions?). It can be helpful to find a literature review article”, a summary of psychological research on that topic, as that will provide a lot of information. At the end of this paragraph, be sure to include at least one sentence that summarizes what this source tells you about the questions you hope to answer in your paper.
5) Include a reference page in APA style that includes a) the article you summarized in the second paragraph, b) 2 additional articles you could use in your paper, and c) any other sources you used in your proposal.
Put your title page, citations, and references in APA Style.
Here’s a link to the Purdue OWL APA Style Guide on references https://owl.purdue.edu/owl/research_and_citation/apa_style/apa_formatting_and_style_guide/reference_list_articles_in_periodicals.html (Links to an external site.)
To do your best, please use the grading rubric that I have posted in the Canvas Module called Literature Review Paper Handouts. It tell you exactly how many points each part of the assignment is worth.
If you can find relevant articles in the assigned databases, Please look in PsycArticles and Psychology and Behavioral Sciences for articles.
The database workshop is posted below as Psychology Research_Database Searching. If you aren’t sure how to find articles in the required databases here is the link to PsycArticles https://web-p-ebscohost-com.laney.idm.oclc.org/ehost/results?vid=2&sid=6b3456e4-61b4-41f7-b5f1-42df7a8dd8d5%40redis&bquery=abortion+and+mental+health&bdata=JmRiPXBkaCZjbGkwPUZUJmNsdjA9WSZ0eXBlPTAmc2VhcmNoTW9kZT1TdGFuZGFyZCZzaXRlPWVob3N0LWxpdmU%3d
and Psychology and Behavioral Sciences for articles https://web-p-ebscohost-com.laney.idm.oclc.org/ehost/results?vid=1&sid=83bf451d-04c5-4e65-a1b7-53d208a566bd%40redis&bquery=abortion+and+mental+health&bdata=JmRiPXBiaCZjbGkwPUZUJmNsdjA9WSZ0eXBlPTAmc2VhcmNoTW9kZT1TdGFuZGFyZCZzaXRlPWVob3N0LWxpdmU%3d
Can Only use 3 sources from these links above.
The site may not work for you so let me know what topic you would like and I can find articles for you.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more