The purpose of this assignment is two-folded. One it help students develop a personal statement describing the students interest in social work as a profession and secondly help students clarify their values in relation to the social work professions values. This assignment is designed to enhance the students self-awareness of their personal values and beliefs and assess their compatibility to the social work profession. The social workers personal values should be compatible with the values of the social work profession.
Please complete this personal statement by adequately addressing each of the items listed below.
Each item is worth 2 points.
This document should be typed, double-spaced and not to exceed 7 pages in length.
This count does not include the title page and if appropriate the reference sheet. Criteria that will be considered in evaluating this assignment include its completeness in response to the instructions, the thoughtfulness of your answers, and demonstrated writing skills (grammar, spelling).
Papers without the above subheadings will not be accepted.
1. Explain how you became interested in social work and why you chose social work as a major.
2. Explain and discuss your personal values, as well as who and/or what you feel influenced you the most in forming your values.
3. In addition, identify the values that lead you to pursue a career in social work.
4. Discuss how your values fit with social work values, for example, what are the similarities or differences.
5. Afterwards, explain how you feel your values and the professions values will influence your role as a social worker. Include in your discussion the six core values and principles of social work.
6. Discuss the client(s) that you feel may be problematic or difficult for you to work with and explain why it might be difficult for you to work with this (these) clients (ex. professionalism, communication). How do you think your values would affect your work with them? How might you resolve this dilemma?
7. What personal strengths do you possess that will be useful to you as a social worker?
8. What are your limitations/weaknesses? How do you plan to improve in these areas?
9. What are your career goals after graduating from Jackson State University?
10. What experiences have you had which make you feel that you can work effectively with people from diverse populations reflecting religious, racial, ethnic, physical challenges, socio-economic, gender and sexual orientation differences?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more