Discussion: Assessing Suicide Risk
As a social worker, you will likely at some point have a client with a positive suicide risk assessment. Many individuals with suicidal ideation also have a plan, and that plan may be imminent. Even when the risk is not urgent at a given moment, current research shows that most suicides occur within 3 months of the risk being assessed within a formal appointment. Ideation can quickly become a suicide.
For this Discussion, you view an initial suicide risk assessment. As you evaluate the social workers actions, imagine yourself in their place. What would you do, and why?
· Explore an evidence-based tool about suicide risk assessment and safety planning. See the Week 3 document Suggested Further Reading for SOCW 6090 (PDF) for a list of resources to review.
· Watch the Suicide Assessment Interview segment in the Sommers-Flanagan (2014) video to assess how it compares to your findings.
· Access the Walden Library to research scholarly resources related to suicide and Native American populations.
Provide a discussion Post which contains the following topics, content, and headings: a response in which you address the following:
· Identify elements of Dr. Sommers-Flanagans suicide risk assessment.
· Describe any personal emotional responses you would have to Tommis revelations and reflect on reasons you might experience these emotions.
· Describe the elements of safety planning that you would put in place as Tommis social worker in the first week and in the first months.
· Identify a suicide risk assessment tool you would use at future sessions to identify changes in her risk level. Explain why you would use this tool.
· Explain any adjustments or enhancements that might be helpful given Tommis cultural background. Support your ideas with scholarly resources.
Must contain at least 4 references and citations being certain to reference Dr. Sommers-Flanagan
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more