Assignment #5 – Immunizations
The control of communicable diseases is one of the original reasons nurses were placed in the school setting. This is one area we are totally responsible for. Administrators rely on the nurse to be the gatekeeper for maintaining school compliance thereby limiting the spread of diseases.
Most parents are diligent in getting their infants and young children immunized in a traditional, sequential manner. However, there remain today many who doubt the need for some or all immunizations. Parents can delay, or avoid altogether, immunizing but must educate their child. School attendance requires certain vaccines and you, as the school nurse, will be viewed as the enforcer of these regulations.
To fulfill this responsibility, you must be certain about current state requirements.
Before beginning this assignment, reference the following:
CDC’s schedules of recommended immunizations for children.
NJ Promoting Health – School Nurse Practice Guidelines
6A: 16 – 2.2 Required Health Services
NJSSNA – Immunization Toolkit-Graphs and Schedules-Recommended Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule for Ages 18 and younger.
Answer the following questions and cite references:
1. What is the overall goal in requiring school children to be immunized?
2. What documents can be accepted as evidence of immunizations?
3. How/where should immunizations be recorded?
4. What should be done if a student does not receive the required immunization?
5. Identify the provisions for a medical exemption.
6. Identify the provisions for a religious exemption.
7. Can a student attend school with no history of immunizations being given?
8. Should you permit immunization audits by authorized personnel?
9. If a child sees a pediatrician from a different state that does not have the same requirements as New Jersey, what regulations should be followed?
10. Should original records be forwarded to receiving schools?
What should be done if a student does not receive the required immunization? Identify the provisions for a medical exemption.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more